As part of our PSHE curriculum for Year 6, on 9th June the children attended a drug workshop delivered by Vanessa Rogers VR Youth Work Consultant, Trainer & Author, where during an interactive session she shared the following important messages-
- The influence of the media and popular culture on health choices (stereotypes)
- Getting it into perspective – get the real facts about drugs and young people
- Exploring attitudes and opinions about drugs and alcohol use
- The potential risks – social, emotional, physical of substance misuse
- Drugs and the law
- Staying safe and making positive choices for you
Thank you to the parents who attended the virtual parent workshop in the evening, whilst drug and alcohol education is an important part of the school curriculum, to be really effective children need to learn at home too. Unfortunately, in our local area we do have growing concerns regarding County lines and we can’t stress the importance of our parents being aware of this and for you to help us to support and educate your child to keep safe. Please take a moment to read the parent guidance leaflet on our latest news page.