Here is a link including all our services DacorumFamilyCentreService | Linktree here you will find our ‘sign up’ link and our timetable (What’s on & how to book) which can change, so please keep an eye on the dates etc.
Parenting Courses and Support Brochure for Dacorum
- Speak and listen to your child more effectively
- Improve family relationships
- Deal with difficult behaviour more effectively
- Reward good behaviour, to boost your child’s self esteem and confidence
- Set limits and boundaries, discipline and time out
- Gain support from other parents facing similar challenges
- Created by Place2Be’s parenting experts
- Based on evidence and our experience of working with children and families
- Designed with busy parents in mind, with short videos and articles
- Topics from meltdowns to friendship difficulties, from anxiety to the transition to secondary school
Please click on the link below to take a look:
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness Information Sheet (235.00KB)
Westfield school are fully behind and supportive of a new Police initiative designed to support children facing domestic abuse.
Operation Encompass is a police and education early information sharing partnership enabling schools to offer immediate support for children and young people experiencing domestic abuse. Information is shared by the police with a school’s trained Key Adult (DSL) prior to the start of the next school day after officers have attended a domestic abuse incident thus enabling appropriate support to be given, dependent upon the needs and wishes of the child.
Children experiencing domestic abuse are negatively impacted by this exposure; domestic abuse has been identified as an Adverse Childhood Experience and can lead to emotional, physical and psychological harm. Operation Encompass aims to mitigate this harm by enabling immediate support, making a child’s day better and giving them a better tomorrow. Operation Encompass believes that children are victims of domestic abuse in their own right and should be acknowledged as such.
The principles of Operation Encompass are very simple and easy to adopt. Within every school a trained Key Adult is appointed – the Key Adult receives information about abusive incidents directly from the police. The Key Adult will be notified prior to the start of the next school day that the police have attended an incident of domestic abuse to which a child has been exposed. This timely knowledge enables a plan for appropriate support to be made for that child so that all interactions, from when the child first arrives at the school gates, are of a positive nature.
Within Operation Encompass all records are managed at Child Protection level with the highest level of security and confidentiality, and in full accordance with GDPR.
For more information go to www.operationencompass.org/
A copy of the Operation Encompass parent letter can be viewed below.
Attachments This Week
- RSE Parent letter 2022 (356.66KB)
- RSHE Guide for Parents and Carers (279.38KB)
- Operation Encompass (143.95KB)
Go to Letters Home for all attachments that have been sent with our newsletters.